Paisley Love

Thursday, May 2, 2013

One Teaspoon Paisley Dress // Target Belt // Free People Faux Shearling Coat // Free People Necklace

My lovely friend, Michelle, took these pictures for me today. We got lost in LA and stumbled upon some of ROA's artwork on a random street we turned into. It was the inspiration and motivation for this post. I wasn't planning on taking pictures today, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to shoot at a super cool location. She kindly took me back to my car so I could pick up my camera and take pictures after we chatted over some yummy matcha green tea lattes. 

I had been stalking this dress for months because it is completely my style and I couldn't get it out of my head. Feminine and girly in an unconventional way, and in a print I can totally appreciate. Paisley and leopard combined into one?? What genius thought of this and why isn't this done more often? The dress would have came out to $175 with shipping from Australia so I told myself that if it ever went 50% off, I would buy it for myself. Lo and behold! One Teaspoon had an online warehouse sale with the lowest prices in 13 years. Luckily, my friend discovered the sale before it was posted on Instagram so I was able to buy this dress for $30 before it sold out in an x-small. 

7 comments:

  1. I have the same necklace and I had done the same thing and ordered a bunch of shorts! haha
    Love that dress on you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have so many of the same things, I love it! What else did you end up buying?? I bought so much X:

      Delete
  2. haha I did too. I bought 4 pairs of shorts and 3 dresses. Sadly, they were sold out of some of the stuff I wanted and I bought a couple multiples to make sure they fit. Did you get the chief shorts then too? Those are soo cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought.. so much stuff haha. The crucify dress, paisley dress, sirocco melrose dress, surrender trashwhores, chief shorts, cuban maxi dress, suede champion dress, this black long sleeve dress... they sold out of a bikini, another dress, and the dirty cash sorbet dress so I got refunded ): But seriously best sale ever!!! Did your stuff arrive already and how does everything fit?

      Delete
  3. Oh my, you went all out haha. I HAVE the crucify dress! I got it for $45 (with int, shipping) last summer and have yet to take it out.I sold my last dance dress for $180 so even though an 8 is too big I bough it again because I love the dress. I had ordered the charlie dress (one for me and one for a gift) and all highwaist shorts (hawks, romeo bronx, aztec). I feel like since I ordered after the 30th I'm going to receive an email saying it all sold out before my order was processed -___- The sale was so ridiculous I dropped a few bills there and at other sites just because their one teaspoon prices immediately dropped. I shouldn't have, but I ordered the goldrush dress in shell over the weekend because it was so cheap haha. Did you order mainly 6s or 8s? when they have straps like the crucify I tend to buy 8, but anything strapless is too big otherwise. I can't wait to see more of your new clothes in future posts :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you get your stuff soon, everything is sooo cuteee. I usually buy 6, unless it's a bustier/zip style. I have no idea why are their sizes so confusing haha sometimes I'm like swimming in size 6 and other times I can barely zip up an 8! You did a good job buying so many shorts, you'll definitely get the most wear out of those (: I kind of regret only buying 1 pair of denim shorts but the other ones I wanted weren't discounted that much so I passed.

      Delete