The Morocco Maxi

Tuesday, May 14, 2013


I'm so excited about this outfit post featuring my holy grail dress, the ever so elusive Morocco maxi from For Love & Lemons. This dress seems so impossible to find, but it is  now somehow sitting in my closet. I also got the tank top version in this color which I am also freaking out about. The fabric is an insanely cool silk velvet burnout and the double slits make it an appropriate modern day loin cloth as my friend, Deborah, would say. These thigh high slits are changing the game and my legs are feeling so much freedom. I don't know why I hadn't hopped on this bandwagon and now I need to find some solid colored skirt versions. I have never felt so exposed and covered up at the same time.

I styled the dress with my Dr. Martens and shearling coat to give it that Girl Interrupted vibe, but I think it would go with anything, really. This is how I chose to wear the dress since it was during the day, but I would definitely wear some kick ass heels and adorn every appendage of my body with chunky jewelry for a night time look. 


Photos by: Reina Nagasako

2 comments:

  1. I adore a flowy dress, and I too love how you paired iwth with DMs, so much cooler, and the front two slits of that printed dress is perf! and omg I LOVE GIRL INTERRUPTED!!! <3 I've just posted up one my DENIM on DENIM on DENIM outfits. If you like denim, you're gonna love this! Do tell what you think on the craziness and l hope it entertains ;)

    xx The Provoker
    http://www.the-provoker.com/2013/05/shawshank-re-denim.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look really great on that maxi dress. I love it. ;)

    Tina
    http://fashionandchocolat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete