Desert Days

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Emma & Sam Tank // Please Leather Pants // Brandy Melville Bralette // Rag & Bone Floppy Fedora // Target Scarf // Pamela Love Rose Gold Serpent Bangle // Vanessa Mooney Stars of Crystal Handpiece // Barney's CO-OP Margaret Sandal // Balenciaga Classic First

Another casual outfit for ya. Simple layered tank, pants, and fedora.. spiced up with lots of jewelry. I'm so excited that the weather has been a little cooler lately and that I got to wear out my leather lace up pants. Not sure how long you've been reading my blog, but I've worn these pants quite a few times and I think they go with everything. Leather pants are such a closet staple and go effortlessly with anything, everyone needs a pair. Seriously. If you're a new reader, click here for my DIY on the lace up conversion and here, here, or here to see other ways I wore them!

If you knew me in college, you probably know that this scarf along with my black leather jacket with leopard fur lining were like my favorite things ever. I lost that jacket at Sun God one year, sad times, but this scarf is still with me so I guess it's not that bad considering I lose everything.

San Diego Nomad

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Thrifted Flannel //  Blood is the New Black Mesh Tank // Forever 21 Faux Leather Shorts // House of Holland Super Suspender // Dr. Marten 1460 Boot // Chanel Sunnies // Alexander Wang Rocco

I just got back from San Diego for my 3rd Comic-Con. I'm slowly becoming a veteran, although, I'm not sure if I want to ever go back. I just don't do well around hoards of people, it gives me anxiety to be around such large crowds. Not trying to sound like a drama queen, but it really is that nuts. I walked at a snail's pace all week because there is no room to move anywhere and fell asleep on every bus I took from being so drained.

I've been trying to do some casual outfits on le blog because let's face it, I'm dressed up less than 10% of the time and usually in pajama worthy outfits the other 90% of the time. Casual outfits are more relatable anyway. 

I'm also starting to get the hang of the direction I want to go with my blog as well. I realize that there is no correct way to run a fashion blog and I just want to do things the way they make sense in my head. Yes, it's 3 am... I am really cracked out, but I have so many ideas and rants just brewing inside of my brain right now. I don't know if I should type them out because they will probably not make any sense so I think I will save them for another day.

An Ordinary Day

Monday, July 8, 2013

Brooklyn Dress c/o Chaser Brand // Target Belt // For Love & Lemons Bralette // Alexander Wang Rocco // Fantas Eyes Round Sunglasses // Jewelry: Assorted

Today was a very ordinary day which consisted of walking to Starbucks, making up a drink that didn't taste so yummy, and making a pit stop at this parking structure to take pictures before the sun went down. I'm wearing a maxi dress that I chose from Chaser's Summer line sheet a couple weeks ago and I've been wearing it non-stop. It's the perfect summer coverup - thick and soft with ultra high slits. I dig the large arm holes and high neckline because I think it's fun to reveal skin in a non-obvious way. 

I tried something new today.. round frame sunglasses! I bought these cheap ones from Nordstrom to test the new shape out and I think I like how they look. I'm definitely open to the idea of investing in a nicer, more expensive pair if I ever come across ones I like. These ones feel like they will die if they get sat on once.

Happy 4th of July!

Friday, July 5, 2013

Emma & Sam Tank // LF Flannel // LF Bralette // Carmar Quilted Shorts // Pura Vida Beanie // Dolce Vita Jules // Jerome Dreyfuss Alain // 

I think I need to retire this beanie, but it's the perfect accessory to hide my roots that have been growing out. I've been holding off wearing this flannel for a long time because Sean says "I wear it every day". Is it just me or is a flannel the perfect article of clothing for California living? It keeps you warm on breezy days, but it's thin enough to wear even when the sun is out.