East Meets West

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

 photo island_zps8830122a.jpg  photo island_4_zps3c7ff41e.jpg  photo island_5_zpsa7105556.jpg  photo island_3_zps1423c44f.jpg  photo island_2_zpsac1c0e0e.jpg

I'm a proud new owner of an Acne biker jacket! It feels very weird that it's sitting in my closet right now since my size was sold out during Barney's pre-sale. It was one of those, I'll just try again next season sort of situations, but my SA ended up managing to get one for me! Best. Text. Ever. He stashed it in the back of the store until I could stop by to try it on so I am indebted to him. I haven't felt this good about an expensive purchase since I got my Balenciaga boots last year, so this jacket will definitely become a staple piece in my wardrobe. Usually I am back and forth about big purchases, but no regrets, this jacket is retail price worthy. 

I have another leather jacket, but they are so different from each other and there are so many factors that I never considered when I initially was in the market to buy my one. First off, this one is lambskin and it is buttery soft and felt second skin comfortable right off the bat. My first leather jacket was made from goat leather, and while it's super durable/indestructible and has a nice shine to it, it took forever to break in. I'm not scared to wear it out for any kind of occasion since I can literally run into a cement or brick wall and walk away unscathed (or bars, pour your drinks on me, I don't care). The lambskin feels nicer, but I don't think I could wear it out for every occasion since it seems more delicate and might get stained. Also, my new one has back pleats, so wearing it while driving is super easy since you can stretch your shoulder blades forward. Another thing I didn't consider was the sleeve tightness, my other leather jacket is fitted so I can't wear long sleeve tops or flannels under it. 

Anyway, I'm a freak so I already know this isn't my last leather jacket, but if you are considering buying your first one, I hope this helped a little. There are so many factors to consider like what kind of leather it's made from, belted or no belt, glossy or matte, etc.. so just do a lot of research before you take the plunge!

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on snagging that leather jacket! Definitely a good purchase. Looks so good on you. Love the whole outfit! x

    sartorialust.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got an amazing style Michelle! I love how you paired the crochet dress with the flatforms and biker jacket, couldn't be more perfect!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all your outfits! Follow for follow?

    Check my blog YOKO NGUYEN BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style and you are beautiful! I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks.
    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is gorgeous! I love the mix of a really feminine dress with that edgy leather jacket.
    Nic
    www.salvageandstoneblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh you're gonna have that stunna forever!!! That Acne jacket's been on my hitlist for eons! I especially love that you're rocking it during summahtime! Thank god for our gorgeous breezy SoCal weather ;D Fabulous mix hun!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESS! I escaped to Newport Beach haha, LA is too hot these days

      xx

      Delete
  7. This outfit is so cute. I absolutely love your dress :)

    http://theartofvintagerevival.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Killer heels! xx

    www.blancheneve.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, those pics are amazing! And I absolutely LOVE, love your style! XO www.maryjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Following u on bloglovin coz I love ur style!

    www.closetvoyage.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing outfit from head to toe, that jacket is fantastic!!!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete